Low-code: Build at the speed of ideas
What Is Low-Code?
Low-code allows you to transform ideas into innovation fast. There’s no need to code an application line-by-line and write big blocks of code for everything. With low-code, you draw it — just like a flowchart.
Create & Deliver Enterprise-grade Applications at unbelievable speed
This efficient process:
- Makes creating new applications quick and intuitive
- Accelerates the process of moving from idea to application
- Removes the barriers between business and IT and they work hand-in-hand
- Boosts the power of every application
What Makes Low-Code So Fast?
According to Forrester reports, low-code development is up to 20 times faster than coding line-by-line. Low-code achieves this speed by simplifying the very complex processes of application development and maintenance.
Intuitive, reusable design
- Simply draw a flowchart to define business logic, or drag and drop to build an interface. You can even point and click to create rules or configure an integration.
- Everything you build in your app can be applied to another one, today or tomorrow
With low-code, business and IT work collaboratively to define the application, using a visual design process that makes sense across the enterprise.
- Keep business and IT on the same page
- Enable constant communication and direct feedback, with the ability to customize workflows
- Deploy updates and changes as business needs evolve
Low-code makes deploying, managing, and changing applications simple.
- Unveil applications to your users with a click on web or mobile
- Make changes or updates instantly, with no downtime and no interruption to business operations
- Maintain governance with built-in version and change control, along with safeguards to ease application maintenance so you can keep innovating
Why Is Low-Code So Powerful?
Low-code platforms are capable of meeting the toughest enterprise requirements: mobility, security, scalability, and reliability. In the past, application quality reflected developer skills and time spent. With low-code, however, it’s the the low-code platform, particularly a sophisticated one, that does the work. Low-code builds power, for free, into your applications so you can focus on business impact.
Build once, deploy everywhere. With low-code, mobile and web require no extra effort, coding, or resources.
Quality and reliability
Developers no longer need to spend additional time on SLAs for uptime, high availability, and scalability features. With an enterprise-grade low-code platform, these benefits are inherent to every application you build.
Security and compliance
Low-code applications inherit the platform’s security and compliance features and capabilities, including:
- Audits and ongoing security monitoring built in
- Compliance with certifications such as FedRamp, PCI-DSS, SOC 2, SOC 3, HIPAA, GxP, and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
How Is Low-Code Sustainable?
Maintaining hundreds of applications is a struggle, especially if many are outdated.
Low-code enables unified, reusable common components and data schemas from all applications. This consolidation boosts development productivity while strengthening governance.
- Incorporate standard interface paradigms and encourage common UX patterns across all applications, improving user experience and reducing training costs
- Enable simultaneous upgrade of every application, to more swiftly take advantage of new features and capabilities
- Future-proof any application developed on the platform by seamlessly supporting new operating systems, browsers, mobile devices, and UI technologies, as well as innovations or paradigm shifts in workload management and devops
Low-code accelerates the transition from idea to innovation by removing the traditional barriers between business and IT. Low-code allows the rapid build, launch, and change of powerful apps.
The result? Massive business impact, fast.
Advantages of Low-Code
Until now, organizations had to code from scratch or buy a packaged app and customize it to support their unique business needs.
Low-code offers an uncompromised third option: the speed of a packaged app, the personalization of custom development, and the power to support even the most complex enterprise use cases.
The Future of Application Development
With low-code, IT and business work together. Users can bring innovative ideas to life by drawing, clicking, configuring, dragging, and dropping to translate their intentions into working enterprise software.
- Offers an intuitive design that results in a dramatic increase in developer productivity and application output
- Aligns business and IT so business leaders have the power to bring solutions to market faster than the competition
- Allows enterprises to create applications that are easier to change while remaining more mobile, integrated, and secure
- Makes deploying, managing, and changing one or hundreds of applications simple
Low-Code: Top Four Benefits
#1 – Ease of Use
Visual design that allows drawing instead of coding can exponentially accelerate development—especially when combined with automated testing.
- Minimal coding required. Drag, drop, click, configure.
- Instant, native mobility with no extra time, effort, or resources required
- Seamless integration unifying all enterprise data, processes, apps, and existing systems
- Streamlined user experience on web or any mobile device
#2 – Speed
Low-code development allows more high-quality apps to be built in less time. With low-code development, time is no longer a barrier to real innovation or an excuse for technical debt.
- Rapidly deliver applications with other departments to increase business impact
- Launch enterprise apps at the speed of business needs
- Adapt quickly to evolving market conditions, customer expectations, and new technologies
- Visual, drag-and-drop development tools make creating and changing enterprise apps easy and fast
#3 – Power
Low-code empowers your IT organization to fully meet the needs of the business and turbocharge innovation through mobility support, high availability, security, and scalability. No additional work by application developers is needed.
- Build and launch unique apps that meet enterprise-level needs
- Expand departmental apps to address enterprise-wide challenges, no matter how large or complex
- Provide security and compliance certifications like PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2 and 3, and more
- Scale instantly for any project, program, or line-of-business
#4 – Build for the Future
Low-code makes you forget about app obsolescence and technical debt with built-in safeguards to ease application changes and maintenance. You have the flexibility to keep innovating because low-code allows your applications to grow with you.
- Everything reusable. Unified and reusable components and data schemas across applications makes changing apps painless, boosts development productivity, and tightens governance.
- Consistent user experience. Automatically incorporating standard UX patterns across every application improves user experience while reducing training costs.
- Always up-to-date, never obsolete. Simultaneous upgrade of all applications means they take advantage of new low-code platform features as soon as they are available while preserving backwards compatibility.
- Ready for the latest. An application built today will continue to work in the future with new operating systems, browsers, mobile devices, and UI technologies.